Oklahoma head football coach Lincoln Riley announced Monday that quarterback Baker Mayfield will not start or be a captain in the team’s final home game against West Virginia Saturday afternoon. The decision comes after Mayfield’s behavior during the Sooners win at Kansas this past Saturday. Mayfield made a gesture at the Kansas bench and had
The playoffs are getting underway in Texas this week and Oklahoma is already into the second round. K101 will have 6-Man, Division II action in Texas, as Follett will face Silverton at White Deer Friday night. That game will begin at 6:30pm, with pregame starting at 6pm. HOW TO LISTEN: 101.1 FM, K101online.com Over on
The House seat in District 76 (Tulsa), previously held by the late David Brumbaugh-R, was won by Republican Ross Ford. Ford received 68 percent of the vote, while Democrat Chris Van Landingham received the other 32 percent. In the state Senate races, Republican Paul Rosino defeated Democrat Steven Vincent in District 45 (Oklahoma City), receiving
Cory Washburn, 39, the Alva man who was critically injured in a plane crash Saturday afternoon that killed an instructor, passed away at 6:43am Tuesday morning, this according to INTEGRIS Health spokeswoman Brooke Cayot. Washburn was a flight school student, training with David Chael, 61, of Enid, when a mechanical failure during their descent into
The first College Football Playoff rankings were released Tuesday night, and Oklahoma is just on the outside of the top four. The Sooners are No. 5 in the first playoff poll, followed by Ohio State, who OU beat in Week 2, at No. 6. Georgia, Alabama, Notre Dame and Clemson are the top four teams.
Coverage on all three stations will begin Friday at 6pm with “Game Night” K101 COMMUNITY GAME Buffalo (7-2, 4-2) at Sharon-Mutual (7-2, 4-2) LISTEN: 101.1 FM and K101online.com Z92, 92.3 FM Woodward (3-6, 2-4) at Carl Albert (9-0, 6-0) LISTEN: 92.3 FM, z92online.com 104.5 KZZW Round 1: Kansas 8-Man, Division I Playoffs
In a 54-43 vote, the proposed revenue package introduced by Gov. Mary Fallin and GOP leaders failed to garner the 3/4 majority vote needed to pass in the Oklahoma House of Representatives. The proposed package would’ve place a $1.50 tax on a pack of cigarettes, a six-cent fuel tax increase, tax revisions on alcoholic beverages,
Coverage begins on all three stations at 6pm with “Game Night”. Pregames on KZZW and Z92 begin at 6:35pm. All three games kick off at 7pm. K101 COMMUNITY GAME/FRIDAY NIGHT QUICK SCORES: 101.1 FM, k101online.com Tonkawa vs. Alva (at NWOSU) 104.5 KZZW: kzzwonline.com Fairview at Hooker Z92, 92.3 FM: z92online.com Woodward vs.
OKLAHOMA CITY – Governor Mary Fallin, Senate President Pro Tempore Mike Schulz and House Speaker Charles McCall today reached an agreement adjusting the 2018 fiscal year budget that, among other things, helps fill the $215 million budget hole and puts Oklahoma on a more stable budget path, as well as provides a needed teacher pay